Amazing a man ate full raw snake and he is alright now.
The lure of winning Rs.100 bet made a labourer eat a dead snake but the decision, taken under the influence of alcohol, landed him in hospital in Gujarat's Surat city, a doctor said on Wednesday.
Zaver Rathod killed the snake by throwing stones at it after it bit one of his friends.
Egged on by his companions, he then consumed the entire snake raw for a 100 Rupee bet, about $2.50.
He became violently ill and was rushed to the hospital with severe nausea and vomiting.
Doctors managed to remove the contents of his stomach before the snake's venom could enter his blood stream, which would almost certainly have proved fatal. Doctors expect him to recover.
Note : So please avoid drinking alcohols.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Amazing a man ate full raw snake and he is alright now.
Posted by Dimitree at 9:59 PM
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Amazing, Giant clouds of interstellar gas and dust light up this panoramic view of the sky recorded by the European Space Agency's Planck telescope.
The space telescope was launched in May last year on a mission to survey the "cosmic microwave background" – ancient light left over from the big bang.
In September it began to reveal its first images showing strips of ancient light across the sky. Now it has revealed a full picture of the sky.
The image shows what is visible beyond the Earth to instruments that are sensitive to light at very long wavelengths.
When this work is completed, Planck will show us the most precise picture of the microwave background ever obtained, the ESA said.
The different colours represent minute differences in the temperature and density of matter across the sky. Somehow these small irregularities evolved into denser regions that became the galaxies of today.
Planck will continue to map the Universe and will produce four all-sky scans till its mission ends in 2012.
Posted by Dimitree at 4:49 AM
Thursday, June 10, 2010
If you’ve had your fill of apocalyptic scenarios, earthquakes, volcanoes and global warming, here comes a new threat which may wipe out the world in 2
Imagine a scene from any of Hollywood’s disaster films. An eerie scene where mobile phones go on the blink, GPS is knocked out, TVs go blank and the world is plunged into chaos.
Looks like disaster flicks aren’t too removed from reality since all this could well be the potential result of a gigantic solar storm, according to a new report by NASA. The report, a warning, says Earth and space are coming together in a way that’s new to human history.
A solar storm, which is essentially violent eruptions in the sun, can eject destructive radiation and charged particles into space. These are closely connected to magnetic fields – which are hazardous for satellites and space stations.
There are reports of a geomagnetic storm sparked by a huge solar flare that swept over the Earth in 1859. Telegraph wires shorted out and set houses on fire. A brilliant aurora was seen in Hawaii—so bright that “people could read newspapers by [its] red and green glow.” Scientists predict that in May 2013, the sun’s solar cycle will peak at about the same level as in 1859. (This content courtesy a post on Gawker.com)
High-tech systems are critical for life as we know it today. Everything that we depend on and take for granted – air travel, GPS navigation, banking services (even a credit card transaction uses a satellite) and emergency radio communications – can all be knocked out by intense solar activity.
To get an idea of scale, a massive solar storm could result in 20 times more damage than the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina which hit south-eastern US in August 2005. The storm killed 1,800 people and caused damages worth $81 billion.
Some good news is that some of the damage and destruction can be avoided with warning of an impending solar storm. There is technology to put satellites in ‘safe mode’ and disconnect transformers to protect them from destructive electrical surges.
The task of accurately forecasting a solar storm lies with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) of the US. “Space weather forecasting is still in its infancy, but we’re making rapid progress,” said Thomas Bogdan, director of NOAA’s Space Weather Prediction Center in Colorado.
The key for Bogdan lies in NASA and NOAA collaborating. “NASA’s fleet of heliophysics research spacecraft provides us with up-to-the-minute information about what’s happening on the sun. They are an important complement to our own GOES and POES satellites, which focus more on the near-Earth environment.”
Says Bogdon, “I believe we’re on the threshold of a new era in which space weather can be as influential in our daily lives as ordinary terrestrial weather.”
So far, we’ve been lucky to escape any big solar storms. I guess we could send Bruce Willis (a la Armageddon) to save us from the Sun in true Hollywood style. But then I would rather wait for NASA and NOAA to save us from space weather.
Posted by Dimitree at 5:59 AM
Friday, June 4, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
This man will not sleep
Thai Ngoc is a man that medical modern science says should have died in 1976 when he was robbed of the ability to sleep. The Vietnamese man, born in 1942 in a small village called Trung Ha in the Quang Nam Province said one of his greatest aspirations in life was to one day have a dream. And yet dreams have never come.
The man was the subject of two separate investigations looking into his strange condition. Some would say the potential for productivity one man can have utilizing all 24 hours in the day without sleep would be an immense boon while others say it is a cruel curse placed on him by nature. The investigations operating out of the United Kingdom and Thailand both independently concluded that Thai Ngoc was the genuine article as they followed him for several days independently with cameras around the clock. As the sun set, Ngoc continued to work tirelessly, tending to the small farm he lived on. Investigators even took the study a step further, hiding nine objects of Ngoc's around the house and asking the elderly man to describe them and indicate which objects were missing. He did so without missing a beat, demonstrating an incredible amount of alertness.
The brain needs what is known as "REM sleep" also known as "dream sleep." REM sleep is said to be one of the most powerful changes the human mind will undertake throughout a natural lifetime. And it is supposed to happen once every REM cycle in a 24 hour day. Without REM sleep subjects in sleep studies show a decreased level of performance in both cognitive functioning and verbal aptitude. And with time, a lack of REM sleep is often forcibly fought by the body with increased lethargy ultimately leading to a deep sleep lasting several hours. Studies where REM sleep was prevented often resulted in symptoms reminiscent of sufferers of schizophrenia.
And yet Ngoc, while observed, seemed perfectly reasonable and lucid. He would work around the clock with no ill effects. Since he never slept, he had no bed in his house. Visitors had to sleep on mats which Ngoc poured boiling water around in order to fight off the constant tide of ants in the area.
Though his lack of sleep was widely documented by news crews, he declined an invitation to travel abroad for 18 months in order to be studied, saying he was afraid of tests and had not left his home town for over 60 years. In addition, he says that no doctor has been able to help him thus far. Medicines intended to allow him to sleep have no effect on him. He has had several jobs playing drums at night in order to remind the other villagers that someone is still out there watching over the village in the dead of night. And yet no one is able to explain how Ngoc is alive or how he can sustain such long hours without sleep. He has been keeping his pace for a long time and wishes for nothing more than a half hour nap.
Posted by Dimitree at 5:42 AM
Friday, May 28, 2010
Recent News Experts in Australia have expressed their fears that a full-scale alien invasion of the Northern Territory is about to take place.
UFO experts fear full-scale alien invasion Down Under
Though astronomers and police say the flares seen across a 360km-long stretch of the Top End coast were probably caused by a meteor shower.
But highly qualified UFO-ologists said they believed the bright lights were space ships on a pre-attack scouting mission, and Darwin-based UFO expert Alan Ferguson said the flares were obviously aliens.
"Meteors usually just flash across the sky and leave a tail. But UFOs will stay in the same spot and wobble up and down and side to side. Fast movements.
"That's how they work," he explained
"Or maybe the UFOs are interested in our military activity. There are always more of them about during (Operation) Pitch Black," he stated.
Superintendent Bruce Porter said police received many calls about the flares at about 9pm on May 25, and even launched a search when they feared a boat was in distress.
"We took this seriously, but the indications are that nobody is missing," they said.
But Superintendent Porter believes the flares were probably a meteor shower. (ANI)
Posted by Dimitree at 5:18 AM
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Amazing the Australian Scientist have developed a new Transistor in a Computer Chip that is ten times smaller than those currently in use
Quantum dots, also known as nanocrystals, are a special class of materials known as semiconductors, which are crystals composed of periodic groups of II-VI, III-V, or IV-VI materials.
Each of Evident Technologies' quantum dot product lines have a specified, unique composition and size that give them novel quantum properties waiting to be exploited.
The invention marks the start of a new age of super-fast, super-powerful computing, has been described in the journal Nature Nanotechnology.
At the heart of the electronic device lies a "quantum dot", measuring four-billionths of a metre - so small that it contains only seven atoms, compared to the millions that usually make up a laptop chip.
"We're basically controlling nature at the atomic scale," The Age quoted study co-author, Michelle Simmons, director of the University of New South Wales centre of excellence for quantum computer technology, as saying.
She added: "This is one of the key milestones in building a quantum computer."
Prof. Simmons said: “It has many implications for national security and for the financial system and transferring information of any kind.”
Is Quickly available in market soon.
Posted by Dimitree at 5:21 AM
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Year by year temperature is raising Protect the planet,
Australian scientists have warned half the planet could "simply become too hot" for human habitation by the year 2300.
New research by the University of NSW has forecast the effect of climate change over the next three centuries, a longer time horizon than that considered in many similar studies.
Some regions would start to become too hot and humid for human habitation with a global temperature rise of 7 °C, the paper says. With a rise of 11 °C or more, most of the human population as currently distributed would either have to move or rely on air conditioning to avoid dying of heat stress.
In a commentary on the paper, published in the US-based Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Australian National University academics said climate change would not stop in 2100.
At the moment, virtually nowhere on Earth has a wet-bulb temperature of more than 30 °C. But with a global rise of 11 °C, huge areas would have wet-bulb temperatures of more than 35 °C for part of the year. According to the climate model used by the team, these regions would include much of the eastern US, the entire Indian subcontinent, most of Australia and part of China.
save the Earth.
Posted by Dimitree at 3:16 AM
Monday, May 10, 2010
Amazing a Special Yoga keeps this man alive without food and water for 65 years in India.
yogi who has claimed to not have eaten a grain of food or consumed a drop of water for the past 65 years! Sounds unbelievable but believe it as many already have including a research team of 30 doctors who have performed several tests on Prahald Jani for 15 days.
So far many Medical tests conducted to yogi everything is normal.
30 doctors tried to analyze the habits of yogi and the results revealed.
So Practice the Yoga for better Health and live happily.
Posted by Dimitree at 10:02 PM
Friday, May 7, 2010
85 years old Yogi surviving world Record .
Amazing a team of 30 experts are to conduct a series of rigorous medical tests at Sterling Hospital to unearth the truth about the biological transformation that Prahlad Jani, a yogi claiming to have survived without food and water for the last 65 years, has undergone due to a spiritual experience.
The DIPAS is part of the Defence Research and Development Organisation, India's state defence and military research institute also behind a grenade packed with chilli powder that recently hit headlines.
“This may help in working out strategies for survival during natural calamities, extreme stressful conditions and extra-terrestrial explorations like future missions to the Moon and Mars by the human race,” Ilavazahagan said.
Doctors said that Jani's biological parameters were within permissible limits during the study. Jani, who is also called Mataji, said he was more than willing to co-operate with the scientists if something can be learnt from his case.
Dr Shah said Jani's nerve conduction studies revealed normal nerve function, which is not likely in a person of his age. "Mataji's EEG is also normal and we are analysing data during meditation if there are any changes,"
Mataji's lung functions is quite normal, as per reports by Dr Mukesh Patel and his team. Physician and diabetologist Dr Urman Dhruv is also part of the team that is conducting this observational study in collaboration with Sristi and the government of Gujarat.
According to my View, I have read olden scripts in that most of Godman will convert the air as food while Inhaling . During the Yoga they will take the Oxygen as the food .
But Mataji’s Condition is little bit Difficult to find out many Research and Doctors are analyzing the Routine of Mataji’s Behaviour as well as the Body condition.
Quickly Mataji’s truth of Survive will be Found out.
Posted by Dimitree at 11:40 PM
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Prahlad Jani, 83 years old man who says that he has lived without Food or Water for 70 Years. A team of scientists and doctors are studying on the strange case of a man, Prahlad Jani who Claims to be alive without Food & Water for the last 70 Year. The Defense Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences is carrying out a study on Prahlad Jani at a private hospital to understand the phenomenon behind his claim.
Its Really amazing !
How it is Possible?
Yes it is Possible through Indian System Yoga
The Indian Ministry of Defence and the NASA have obviously been taken in by the absurd claims of a village fraud," wrote Sanal Edamaruku, Secretary General of the Indian Rationalist Association, in a letter to the Indian Defence Minister George Fernandes. "It is shocking to see that government officials and scientists are so gullible to believe that a human being can survive 60 years without food and water! The claim does not only contradict experience and common sense, but also our well-established biological and medical knowledge about the functioning of the human body
Also, Jani has not been to the toilet. It is said by doctor that his body has not yet shown symptoms of hunger or dehydration in spite of no drinking or eating. In his room, two cameras have been set up and a mobile camera films him when he goes outside, guaranteeing round-the-clock observation. The body of Jani will be scanned and his brain and heart activity measured with electrodes. There were also several test done in 2006, but doctors was unable to find any thing abnormal.
Dr Vasana Reddy, the speaker of Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO) told “We would like to keep the information confidential for the time being, but we shall share it when the results are established.” Authorities at the Sterling Hospital, which is hosting & helping the examination, were more approaching. They claimed it may “help in working out strategies for survival during natural calamities, extreme stressful conditions, even extra terrestrial explorations like future missions to Moon and Mars by the human race.”
Posted by Dimitree at 1:32 AM
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Diseases and its Treatment:
1) ASTHMA, COUGH & ALLERGY: For the treatment of these diseases the following method is adopted. Take a cup of warm water, one spoon of honey and half tea spoon of Kalonji oil. Mix this together and drink in the morning before the breakfast. Similarly after dinner in the night. Treatment for forty days. Avoid cool food stuff.
2) DIABETES (SUGAR): For the treatment of these diseases the following method is adopted. Take one cup decoction (Black tea), Mix half table spoon of kalonji oil and drink it in the morning and before going to bed. Avoid oily food stuff, particularly fried items. If any other allopathic treatment is going on continue it that treatment. After 20 days check the sugar, is its normal Allopathic treatment should be stopped and kalonji treatment be continued. After forty days, sweet can be taken to check the sugar level. If it’s normal stop the treatment.
3) Heart Attack: In a cup of goat milk add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and us this mixture twice a day. Avoid all fatty food items. Continue treatment for ten days. After ten days use daily once.
4) POLIO AND PARALYSIS (Laqwa): Take one cup of warm water, add one spoon of honey and half tea spoon kalonji oil and use this mixture twice daily and for children’s in two spoons milk add 3 drops of Kalonji oil of warm water, this mixture three times a day. Treatment continues forty days.
5) JOINT-PAINS AND ARTHRITIS, etc.: Take one spoon of vinegar, add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and mix two spoons honey, use twice a day (In the morning before the breakfast and in the night after dinner)
6) DYSPEPISA INDIGESTION, GASES, STOMACH IRRITATION AND STOMACH ACHE: In this case take one spoon of Ginger juice and half tea spoon of kalonji oil and drink twice day. This treatment is also useful for removing obesity. This medicine makes the patient slim.
7) OPTHALMIC DISEASE: Redness of eyes, cataract, eye’s trouble, eye weakness and watering etc. Treatment- Take one cup of carrot juice mix with half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day ( in the morning before breakfast and in the night after dinner), Treatment many continue for forty days.Avoid Pickle, Brinjal
8) LADIES SECRET DISEASES: (Leucorrhoea, White Discharge, Menses discharges 2 to 4 times a month, stomach pain, back pain) Treatment – Take mint (Pudina leaves) add two glasses of water and boil, then add half tea spoon kalonji oil and drink one time in the morning before the breakfast and in the night at the morning before breakfast and in the night at the time going to bed. Treatment may continue for forty days. Avoid Pickles, brinjal egg and fish.
9) LADIES DISEASES: (Stoppage of menses for long term, stomach pain): Take one cup of warm water add half tea spoon kalonji oil and two spoons honey one time in the morning before the breakfast and in the night after dinner. Treatment may continue for month. Avoid potato and Brinjal.
10) CANCER: (Intestine cancer, Blood cancer, Throat cencer, etc.): Take one glass grape juice and half tea spoon kalonji oil and use thrice a day once in the morning before breakfast, after lunch and after dinner. Take one Kg. barley and two Kg. wheat flour, mix together, make bread (Roti) or Daliya of Harira and give to the patient. Treatment may continue for forty days. Avoid Potato, Arvee, Brinjal and Ambada vegetables.
11) POISONOUS VIRUS: Take one glass warm water, add one spoon date (Khajur) powder half spoon kalonji oil and two spoons of kalonji oil and two spoons on Honey, mix together and use thrice a day once in the morning before breakfast, after lunch and after dinner. Treatment may continue for forty days. Avoid Potato’s, Brinjal, Pulses (Chana ki Dal), and Pulses (Masoor kid Dal).
12) REVITAL OF THE BODY, (Azme-e-Hali): Take juices of Orange (Malta) add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use it. Laziness and tiredness will be removed.
13) MEMORY POWER: To increase the memory power and take 10 gm. Mint (Pudina leaves) and boil it with the water and add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use it twice a day. Treatment continues for twenty days.
14) RENAL COLI (Kidney pain): Take 250 grams Kalonji grind it and take one cup of honey, mix together. Out of this mixture take two spoons mixture and add half cup water and add half tea spoon of kalonji oil use it once a day. Treatment may continue for twenty days.
15) NAUSEA OR VOMITING: Take one spoon of Caration powder and add half tea spoon kalonji oil and boil it. Now in this warm mixture add mint (Pudina leaves) & use thrice a day.
16) FRESHNESS AND HANDSOMENESS: Take one spoon of olive oil. Mix together with half tea spoon of kalonji oil and rub it on the face. After one hour wash it with soap water. Treatment may continue for one week.
17) GENERAL WEAKNESS: Take half tea spoon of kalonji oil and add one spoon honey. Mix together and use it once a day. General weakness and other diseases will be removed.
18) TREATMENT OF SWELLING ON VITAL ORGAN: On swelling below thigh and pulse, first wash it with soap water and dry. Rub the Kalonji oil on the swelling part and keep it as it is for the next day morning. Treatment may continue for three days.
19) LEPROSY: Take apple juice and Kalonji oil, First rub apple juice and then Kalonji oil one by one the effected part.
20) TUMOUR: Rub the Kalonji oil on the effected part and drink half tea spoon of Kalonji oil once. Treatment may continue of fifteen days.
21) HEADACHE: Rub Kalonji oil on the forehead and near ears, and also drink half tea spoon Kalonji oil twice a day.
22) CHEST IRRITATION AND STOMACH TROUBLE: Take half tea spoon of Kalonji oil mixed with a cup of milk and use this mixture twice daily. Treatment may continue for 3 days.
23) HICCUPS: Take one big spoon cream (Malai) Mixed with 2 drops of Kalonji oil and drink in the morning and in the night. Treatment may continue for seven days.
24) BLOOD PRESSURE:- In any hot drink tea/ coffee , add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day. Also eat two cloves of Garlic daily.
25) FALLING HAIRS PREMATURELY: Rub Lime Juice on the head and leave it for fifteen minutes, then wash it with shampoo, after getting dried rub the Kalonji oil all over the head. Falling hairs will be controlled with in a week. Treatment may continue for one week.
26) BRAIN FEVER: Allow the vapours of Kalonji oil enter the body through breath. Take one lemon juice and half tea spoon kalonji oil and use for 3 days twice a day. From fourth day tea spoon kalonji oil in one cup of decoction twice day.
27) KIDNEY TROUBLE, INFECTION IN THE KIDNEYS: Take half tea spoon of Kalonji oil; add 2 grams Akar khara Powder, mix one spoon honey with one cup of water and drink. This treatment is also useful for chronic cough (Purani Khansi). Treatment may continue 21 days.
28) STOMACH ACHE OF THE CHILDRENS: Take two drops of Kalonji oil mix it with mother’s milk or cow milk and give to the child. Kalonji oil also should be rubbed on the ribs.
29) PILES, FLOW OF BLOOD, CONSTIPATION: Take half tea spoon of Kalonji oil mixed with one cup of Decoction (Bleak tea) twice a day (once in the morning before breakfast, and one in the night). Avoid hot and spicy items.
30) SKIN DISEASES – (White/Black spots): In one cup of vinegar add half spoon Kalonji oil and apply that on the affected area before going to sleep in the night and take bath in the morning. Treatment may continue until you get relief.
31) SIMPLE FEVER: Take half cup of water and add half lemon Juice mixed with half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use it twice a day. Treatment may continue until you get relief. Avoid use of Rice.
32) ROUND WORMS AND TAPS WORMS IN THE STOMACH: Take half spoon Vinegar mixed with half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use it twice a day and eat some coconut pieces. Avoid sugar items.
33) Stone in Kidney, Bladder and Uterus: Take one cup of warm water and add two spoon of honey mixed with half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use that twice a day. (Once in the morning before the breakfast and once in the night after dinner). Avoid tomatoes, spinach (Palak), lemon diet, sitaphal for three years.
34) EPILEPSY: Take one cup of warm water and add two spoons of honey mix them and add half tea spoon Kalonji oil use it twice a day. During this treatment cold food should not be taken. Avoid guava, Banana, Sitaphal for three years.
35) EAR DISEASES, EAR ACHE, FLOW OF PUS, LOW HEARING: Heat the Kalonji oil and let it cool and put it two drops of cooled Kalonji oil in ear.
36) CRACKED HAND AND CRACK FOOT WITH BLOOD FLOW: Take one glass of sweet lime (Mausambhi) Juice and add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use this twice a day (In the morning before the breakfast and in the night before going to bed). Avoid chicken, egg, brinjal. Use the herbal ointment made of Kalonji.
37) FACIAL PROBLEMS, PIMPLES, RED GRANULES AND ANY TYPE OF SPOTS: Take one cup of Orange Mausambhi (sweet lime) juice or Pineapple juice and add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day (in the morning before the breakfast and in the night before going to bed). Also use Kalonji Pimple cream for application. Treatment may continue for four weeks. Avoid hot eatable items.
38) DENTAL DISEASES: Fall of teeth prematurely, weakness of the teeth, flow of blood from the teeth, bad smell of the mouth, swelling on gums: Take one cup of curd and half tea spoon of Kalonji oil, use this mixture twice a day (once in the morning before the breakfast and in at night after dinner). Also use Kalonji Herbal Tooth powder.
39) MALE RELATED DISEASES: Night discharge: Take one cup of apple juice and add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day in the morning before breakfast and in the night after dinner. Daily four drops of Kalonji oil should be rubbed on the head. Treatment may continue for 21 days. Avoid hot/spicy eatable items.
40) BLOOD DEFICIENCY (Anemia) and Ulcer in the Intestine: Take a branch of mint (Pudina Leaves), mix with water, boil it and make a cup of juice and add half tea spoon of kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day (once in the morning and at evening). Treatment may continue for 21 days.
41) JAUNDICE: Take one cup of milk, add half tea spoon of kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day (one in the morning and once after the dinner). Treatment may continue for a week. Avoid fatty and sour eatable items.
42) SWELLING OF THROAT, LUNGS PROBLEM: Take one cup of warm water and add two spoons of honey and half tea spoon of Kalonji oil. Use this mixture twice a day (Once in the morning before breakfast and in the night after dinner, before going to bed). Treatment may continue for 10 days. Avoid ice Cream, ice water, coconuts, lemon, orange and Mausambhi.
43) COUGH: Take one cup of warm water, add two spoons of honey mix with half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day once in the morning before breakfast, and once after the dinner. Treatment may continue for two weeks. Avoid cold stuff items.
44) HEART ATTACK, SWELLING ON BREATHING VEINS: Blockage of heart valve, breathing problem, cold sweating, pressure on heart. Take one cup of Goat’s milk add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil. Use this mixture twice a day, once in the morning before the breakfast and once in the evening before going to bed. Treatment may continue for 21 days. Avoid fatty items.
45) MATERNITY: The mental weakness after the child born, tiredness, and bleeding related diseases: Takeone cup of cucumber juice, add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil. Use this mixture twice a day once before the breakfast in the morning and once in the night before going to bed. Treatment may continue for 40 days.
46) DIGESTION OF FOOD, COLOR OF FACE ETC: Treatment: Mix 2 spoons of ginger, half spoon of Kalonji oil and one spoon of sugar. Use this mixture twice a day (Morning and evening). Continue the treatment for 10 days. Avoid gas creating food.
47) BURNING MICTURIATION: Take one cup sweet lime (Mausambhi) juice, add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil. Use this mixture twice a day (in the morning before breakfast and at night before going to bed). Treatment may continue for 10 days. Avoid hot stuff items chilly and sour food items.
48) WORMS IN THE STOMACH: Mix one spoon vinegar with half tea spoon of Kalonji oil. Take thrice a day (In the morning before the breakfast, after noon and at night). Continue the treatment for 10 days.
49) JOINT PAIN: Swelling on ankle and other pains in the joints. Take one spoon vinegar and two spoons of honey and add half tea spoon of kalonji oil. Use this mixture two times a day and also massage with same (Til) oil. Avoid gas producing elements for 21 days.
50) BALDNESS OF HEAD: Rub the kalonji oil on the head twice a day and use a mixture of one cup of coffee mixed with half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use it twice a day.
51) TO MAINTAIN HEALTHY BODY: 1 Kg. of wheat flour add half tea spoon of kalonji oil and make roti and eat. Insha-Allah! You will remain healthy.
52) MADNESS AND PILES: Take half tea spoon of kalonji oil and mix with cold water and drink. If you mix the same (TIL) oil with boiled water and let it cool and drink, Insha-Allah piles will be cured. For SNAKE POISON same process should be adopted. Avoid Guava, Banana and Sitaphal.
53) TOOTH PAIN AND SWELLING OF GUMS: Take one spoon of vinegar and add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and apply on affected area for two or three minutes and rinse the mouth. Repeat this process twice a day. Treatment may continue for one week.
54) SEVERE COLD: Take half cup of water and half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and quarter spoon of Olive oil and mix together and filter. Put two drops of filtered mixture into the nose. This method is the best for cold. Use this process twice a day.
55) SKIN DISEASE RELEATED TO PIMPLES BOILS: Before going to bed apply Kalonji oil on the affected areas of the body and sleep, in the morning wash with soap. This treatment may continue of 21 days.
56) TO KEEP THE FACE AND SKIN SMOOTH: Take two big spoons of honey and half spoon of Kalonji oil and half spoon of Olive oil and mix altogether. Use this mixture two times a day in the morning and before going to bed. Treatment may continue for 40 days.
57) PILES: Take one spoon of Vinegar and add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and apply on piles. This process may be used twice a day.
58) DISEASES OF LIVER & ABDOMENT: Take 200 grams of honey and half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and drink this mixture half in the morning before breakfast and half in the evening. Use this process for one month. Avoid Tamarind items.
59) MENSTRUATIONS PROBLEMS: Take one spoon of honey and mix with half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and drink one tea spoon in the morning before the breakfast and one tea spoon in the evening. Use this process for two weeks.
60) ANYTYPE OF SWELLING: Heat required quantity of Kalonji oil and apply on affected area. Half tea spoon of Kalonji oil to be consumed twice a day.
61) POISONOUS ATTACKS: Eat two pieces of fig and take half spoon of Kalonji oil and mix with two spoons of honey and drink, with this mixture you will be protected from snake bites. Don’t allow the patient to sleep for four hours. Use this mixture for seven days.
62) HIGH TEMPERATURE: Take half tea spoon of Kalonji oil with decoction (tea without Milk or Black tea). Continue till the temperature comes to normal.
63) BURNS: 30 grams of Olive oil and 5 grams of Kalonji oil, 15 grams of Calamus (BUCH) and 80 grams of Mehendi leaves. Mix together and apply on affected parts.
64) OBESITY: Half tea spoon of Kalonji oil, two spoons of honey mixed in luke warm water and take twice a day. Avoid taking rice.
65) DANDRUFF: Mix 10 grams of Kalonji oil, 30 grams of Olive oil, and 30 grams of Mehendi powder Heat of a while. Apply after the past becomes cool.
66) SOUND SLEEP: After dinner take half tea spoon of Kalonji oil with one spoon of honey, you will get sound sleep.
67) FOR ACTIVENESS: Half tea spoon of Kalonji oil with 2 spoon honey daily before breakfast.
68) FOR INCREASING MOTHER’S MILK: One cup milk two drops of kalonji oil in the morning before breakfast and at night before going to bed.
69) LEPROSY, WHITE SPOTS OF ANY KIND: Take half spoon of Kalonji oil in one cup of orange juice and use this portion twice a day or take one spoon vinegar (home made), one spoon honey and half spoon kalonji oil mixed together and use this mixture twice a day. Treatment may continue until the symptoms disappear.
70) SKIN DISEASES: In one cup of vinegar add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and apply this mixture on the affected areas before going to bed. Treatment may continue until you get relief.
71) STOMACH PAIN: (all types): In a glass of sweet lime (Mausambhi) juice add to spoon of homey and half tea spoon of Kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day. Avoid all gas elements. Treatment may continue for 20 day.
72) STONE IN KEDNEY: In a cup of warm water add two tea spoons of honey and half tea spoon of Kalonji oil, dilute and use this mixture twice a day. Avoid spinach, lemon, sweet lime (mausambhi), tomatoes. Treatment should be continued until the stone is discharged.
73) FROM HEAD TO TOE: Mix one cup of orange juice with half tea spoon of Kalonji oil, take morning before breakfast and at night bed time. Treatment may continue for four months.
74) SWELLING OF STOMACH: Mix 3 grams of Ajwan, 3 grams Methi, 4 drops of Kalonji oil together. Take this mixture before breakfast and before dinner
75) JOINT PAINS, BACK ACHE & NECK PAIN: Eat two pieces of dry fig and add 4 drops of kalonji oil in one cup of Milk. Do not eat anything till two hours. Treatment is to be continued for 2 months. Avoid potatoes, tomatoes, green chills and bottlegaud.
76) PERSISTENT COUGH: Mix 10 grams of Akal kara, 200 grams honey, 100 grams of Kalonji oil together. Take the mixture, one spoon thrice a day. Restrict from ice cream, fridge water, custard apple. Treatment for 40 days.
77) SORIASIS: Mix juice of six limes with 50 grams of kalonji oil together rub on the affected places.
78) UTERUS PROBLEMS: ? bunch of pudina juice, 2 spoon of Misri powder, ? tea spoon of Kalonji oil, mix and use before breakfast. This treatment may continue for 40 days.
79) STAMMERING: Mix half tea spoon of Kalonji oil 2 spoons of honey and keep it on the tongue twice a day.
80) IN ALL EAR DISEASES: Heat one teaspoon of Kalonji oil with one spoonful of olive oil and let it cool. Put two drops of the mixture at bed time, you will get immediate relief.
81) TOOTH ACHE, CAVITIES TOOTH DECAY: At the time of going to bed put a piece of cotton which is soaked in Kalonji oil, on affected area. Continue this treatment at least for seven days. Dental problems will vanish.
82) BLEEDING RELATED DISEASES OF WOMEN: White discharge etc. Put half bunch of mint (Pudina) in two cups of water and reduce it tone cup by heating it. Add 2 spoon powder of misree + ? spoon kalonji oil take this mixture before breakfast. Treatment may continue for 40 days.
83) FAIRNESS OF FACE: Take 50 grams of Olive oil and add 50 grams of Kalonji oil. Take half teaspoon in the morning before breakfast. Skin will be fair and glowing pink. (Note: - Pregnant women are not allowed to take this medicine).
84) TREATMENT FOR BALDNESS: Take 20 grams Kalonji oil and 20 grams powder of Mehandi, Add 60 grams of vinegar (Sirka) and rub on the bald head. Wash head after one hour. Insha-Allah baldness will vanish and also useful for recovery of damage hair. Note: - this process may be used once in a week.
85) SINUS, COLD: Take one spoon honey and add ? spoon Kalonji oil. Use this mixture daily in the morning and evening. Avoid cold stuff items. At night when going to bed, put one drop of Kalonji oil in to the nose Insha-Allah you will get relief from SINUS and Persistent Cold.
86) BEAUTIFULNESS: Take 10 grams of `Sunheri gearu’ and add four drops of Kalonji oil rub this past at night before going to bed. In the morning wash the face with like warm water and soap (skin care) Insha-Allah your skin will look smooth and beautiful.
87) DISEASES OF ABDOMEN: (Increase of Harnea): Take one tablespoon of juice of Karela and add half tea spoon of Kalonji oil. Use this mixture in the morning before breakfast and before lunch and before dinner.
88) SEXUAL DISORDERS: (Weakness): Take two teaspoon of honey and add one drop of Kalonji oil with one drop of `Jaiphal oil’. Use this mixture daily before going to bed. Treatment may continue for two weeks.
89) HEART WEAKNESS: (Heart Trouble): Mix 4 drops of garlic juice add four drops of kalonji oil to this add some misree and water and take this mixture daily.
90) GASES AND ACIDITY: Mix one tola of ginger juice with half tola Kalonji oil, add some salt and water. Use mixture for immediate relief.
91) DYSENTERY, DIARRHEA: Mix one tola esapgol with half cup of curd and ? tea spoon of Kalonji oil, use three to four times a day
92) LIVER DISORDER AND JAUNDICE: Put one tola of Ajwan in water and keep in shade at day time and in the dew drops at night time. Next day filter and pour ? spoon of Kalonji oil. Take once in day. Or take two tola leaves of Mehandi and put in the water at night time. In the morning after filtering add 14 pieces of Kalonji seeds, one spoon of honey and ? spoon of Kalonji oil. Use this mixture once in a day.
93) PILES: Take 50 grams of powder of Mehendi leaves add 250 grams pure Olive oil and boil them for 5 minutes. Pour three drops of Kalonji oil with the help cotton. Apply this past of the affected area. This process may be used twice a day that is in the morning and at the bed time. Also eat 4-5 figs with ? spoon kalonji oil.
94) BURNING MICTURITION, URINE DEFICIENCY, BURNING SENSATION IN URINE: Take ? liter of milk and add ? spoon of Kalonji oil and one spoon honey. Take this mixture twice a day Or two tola coth boiled in water, add ? spoon of Kalonji oil and take this mixture.
95) ECZEMA : Mix 10-10 grams of Sona mahi and Kalonji oil kiste-e-Shirin with 500 grams vinegar (sirka) after boiling filter it add some Kalonji oil and apply on the affected area.
96) HALF SIDE HEADACHE: Put one drop of Kalonji oil in nostril (nose) opposite to the headache area and also take half spoon of kalonji oil daily.
97) POLIO AND PARALYSES: (Laqhwa): Daily put one drop of Kalonji oil in the nostril, which is opposite to Polio side, use half spoon of Kalonji oil with one spoon of honey.
98) SHIVERING: Daily take two half boiled eggs and follow the treatment as mention for POLIO and Paralyses aliment.
99) WEAK MEMORY: (Absent mindedness): In case of absent mindedness crush seven seeds of Kalonji. Add one spoon of honey and ? spoon of Kalonji oil. Use this mixture daily. Also chew 3-4 pieces of cardamom in a day.
100) CATARACT: Mix ? spoon of Kalonji with tea in the morning and in the milk at night. Take twice a day.
101) STOMACH PAIN: Mix ? spoon of Kalonji oil with little (Pinch) of salt in half glass of warm water and drink it. It is useful for stomach pain.
102) HEARING PROBLEMS, EAR PAIN, And FLOW OF PUSS: Mix equal quantity of pure olive oil, almond and Kalonji oil and heat them. Put one drop in each ear of this mixture twice a day in the morning and bed time.
103) TOOTH ACHE AND SWELLING OF GUMS: Apply one drop of clove oil with Kalonji oil on the affected area 2-3 minutes for cleaning the teeth, heat lohari salt and crush it the add few drops of olive oil and rinse the teeth with it.
104) COUGH BRONCHITIS: Crush one tola of Alsee and boil in ? liter of water Boil the water to half, filter it. Add ? spoon of kalonji oil and two spoon honey. Use this mixture twice a day and avoid cold stuffs.
105) ASTAMA: Mix little (Pinch) salt, ? of Kalonji oil with one spoon pure Ghee and apply/rub on the chest and throat. Simultaneously drink mixture of ? spoon Kalonji oil and two spoon of honey twice a day.
106) GASTICE TROUBLES: Take 60 grams Ajwan ? spoon. Kalonji oil and mix lime juice let it dry in the Sun add 10 grams black salt by crushing and use daily once in evening.
107) FOR HICCUPS: Eat ? spoon Kalonji oil and 7 seeds of Kalonji with butter.
108) NAUSEA AND VOMITING: Mix and preserve, 100 grams pure vinegar (sirka) 200 grams sugar and ? spoon of Kalonji oil. Chew it Nasuea and vomiting will be cured.
109) STOMACH PAIN (SINGLE) : Mix ? spoon of Kalonji oil with little (Pinch) of salt in half glass of warm water and drink it. It is useful for stomach pain.
110) CONSTIPATION: Two tola of jaggery (Red Sugar) 4 grams sona makki mixed with half big glass of warm water add ? spoon Kalonji oil and drink it before going to bed.
111) MEDICINE FOR DIGESTION: Mix 4 tola of Ajwan, ? spoon Kalonji oil with lime juice let it dry in the sun use one pinch after every meal. Avoid gas creating foods.
112) WORMS IN THE STOMACH: Take 14 crushed seeds of Kalonji, 2 drops of Kalonji oil and one drop of pure vinegar (sirka) mix it with ? litter of water. Deink it. Insha-Allah worms of the stomach will be removed /discharged.
Posted by Dimitree at 4:57 AM
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
As pot belly expands, sudden cardiac death risk shrinks
Being skinny confers no advantage when it comes to the risk of dying suddenly from cardiac causes, say researchers. In fact, boffins at the University of Rochester Medical Center found that non-obese heart failure patients - including overweight, normal and underweight patients - had a 76 per cent increase in risk of sudden cardiac death compared to obese heart failure patients. Normal and underweight patients showed a startling 99 per cent increase in risk for sudden cardiac death compared to obese patients.
Now, it's still true that a beer belly, love handles, and other extra layers of fat boost your risk of developing diabetes, clogged arteries and high blood pressure. And if you're very fat, you're more likely to develop an enlarged, weakened heart that struggles to pump blood efficiently -- the physical condition known as heart failure. But, paradoxically, in this study of more than 1,200 heart failure patients, that excess weight seemed protective against sudden death.
The researchers can't explain why at this point. But they know it's not that the skinny people in their study were skinny because they were extra sick and so would be more likely to drop dead, in any event. And even normal-weight people in the study had a higher risk of sudden death than obese patients.
"Obese patients are hard on their bodies; many don't eat right, don't exercise, and many smoke," says Eric Hansen, a medical student at the University of Rochester, and co-author of the study. "If their bodies are surviving this bad treatment, then perhaps they are better equipped, from a genetic standpoint, to live with heart failure."
Posted by Dimitree at 10:37 PM
Let’s say it’s 6.15pm and your driving home (alone of course) after an unusually hard day on the Job. You’re really tired and frustrated.
Your are Really Stressed and Upset
Suddenly you start Experiencing Severe Pain in your CHEST that starts to radiate out in to your arm and up in to your Jaw.
You are only Five miles from the Hospital nearest home.
Unfortunately you don’t know if you’ll be able to make it that far.
WHAT TO DO?
You have been trained in CPR; But the Guy that Conducted the Course did not tell you how to perform it on yourself.
HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE?
Since many people are alone when they suffer a Heart Attack, without help, the person whose heart is Beating Improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left Before Losing Conscious
1) Do not panic, but start coughing repeatedly and very vigorously.
2) A Deep Breath should be taken before each cough the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing Sputum from Deep inside the Chest
3) A Breath and a cough must be Repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to Beating Normally Again.
4) Deep Breath get Oxygen into the lungs and coughing movement squeeze the heart and deep the Blood Circulating. The Squeezing pressure on the Heart also helps it regain Normal rhythm.
In this Way, HEART ATTACK Victims can get to a Hospital.
Posted by Dimitree at 10:28 PM
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
This Nanotechnology Center was being built in the spring of 1990, as Eric Drexler was midway through a hectic eight-day trip, giving talks on nanotechnology to researchers and seeing dozens of university and consortium research laboratories. A Japanese research society had sponsored the trip, and the Ministry of International Trade and Industry MITI) had organized a symposium around the visit—a symposium on molecular machines and nanotechnology. Japanese research was forging ahead, aiming to develop "new modes of science and technology in harmony with nature and human society," a new technology for the twenty-first century
There is a view of the future that doesn't fit with the view in the newspapers. Think of it as an alternative, a turn in the road of future history that leads to a different world. In that world, cancer follows polio, petroleum follows whale oil, and industrial technology follows chipped flint—all healed or replaced. Old problems vanish, new problems appear: down the road are many alternative worlds, some fit to live in, some not. We aim to survey this road and the alternatives, because to arrive at a world fit to live in, we will all need a better view of the open paths.
A Sketch of Technologies
Molecular nanotechnology: Thorough, inexpensive control of the structure of matter based on molecule-by-molecule control of products and byproducts; the products and processes of molecular manufacturing.
Technology-as-we-know-it is a product of industry, of manufacturing and chemical engineering. Industry-as-we-know-it takes things from nature—ore from mountains, trees from forests—and coerces them into forms that someone considers useful. Trees become lumber, then houses. Mountains become rubble, then molten iron, then steel, then cars. Sand becomes a purified gas, then silicon, then chips. And so it goes. Each process is crude, based on cutting, stirring, baking, spraying, etching, grinding, and the like.
Trees, though, are not crude: To make wood and leaves, they neither cut, grind, stir, bake, spray, etch, nor grind. Instead, they gather solar energy using molecular electronic devices, the photosynthetic reaction centers of chloroplasts. They use that energy to drive molecular machines—active devices with moving parts of precise, molecular structure—which process carbon dioxide and water into oxygen and molecular building blocks. They use other molecular machines to join these molecular building blocks to form roots, trunks, branches, twigs, solar collectors, and more molecular machinery. Every tree makes leaves, and each leaf is more sophisticated than a spacecraft, more finely patterned than the latest chip from Silicon Valley. They do all this without noise, heat, toxic fumes, or human labor, and they consume pollutants as they go. Viewed this way, trees are high technology. Chips and rockets aren't.
Trees give a hint of what molecular nanotechnology will be like, but nanotechnology won't be biotechnology because it won't rely on altering life. Biotechnology is a further stage in the domestication of living things. Like selective breeding, it reshapes the genetic heritage of a species to produce varieties more useful to people. Unlike selective breeding, it inserts new genes. Like biotechnology—or ordinary trees—molecular nanotechnology will use molecular machinery, but unlike biotechnology, it will not rely on genetic meddling. It will be not an extension of biotechnology, but an alternative or a replacement.
A Sketch of Consequences
Here are a few of today's common assumptions, some so familiar that they are seldom stated:
• Industrial development is the only alternative to poverty.
• Many people must work in factories.
• Greater wealth means greater resource consumption.
• Logging, mining, and fossil-fuel burning must continue.
• Manufacturing means polluting.
• Third World development would doom the environment
Posted by Dimitree at 2:00 AM
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Hi EveryBody Sounds Interesting Read it. Share the knowledge to others,
A 67-million-year-old fossil of a gigantic snake found coiled around a dinosaur egg in the village of Dholi Dungri in Virpur taluka in Gujarat’s Kheda district has helped an international paleontological team led by the University of Michigan’s Jeff Wilson and Geological Survey of India’s Dhananjay Mohabey to confirm this unusual feeding behaviour.
The snake did not eat fully-grown sauropods, it preyed on dinosaurs just as they were hatching from eggs. It coiled around the prey to kill and swallow it.
“It’s a chance to understand the biology and early anatomy,” said Jeffrey A. Wilson, the paper’s lead author and a paleontologist at the University of Michigan. “The really important thing is that it’s actually caught in the fossil record showing what its doing.”
The study is significant as the nearly complete remains of the snake — preserved in a nest of a sauropod along with a half-metre-long dinosaur hatchling lying next to the snake and two unbroken eggs — is unequivocal evidence of its eating behavior.
One of the most important features that enable macrostomatans to prey on animals bigger than a deer is their wide gap. Fully grown pythons have excellent jaw adaptations and elongated skulls that give them a gape as wide as 60 cm.
Posted by Dimitree at 10:02 PM
Friday, February 19, 2010
The nucleus of a galaxy is like a deep well: It is easy to fall in, but hard to get out. As a result, gas and stars accumulate there. In the 1960s, astronomers discovered that some galactic nuclei were truly remarkable: They could outshine an entire galaxy from a volume not much larger than
that of the solar system. These objects, termed quasars, are the most luminous type of active galactic nucleus. Theorists immediately conjectured that such prodigious power output could come only from the accretion of gas onto a supermassive black hole; later it was realized that energy could be extracted from the spin of the black hole as well. A consequence of these ideas is that many galaxies should harbor supermassive black holes in their nuclei.
Three decades later, this conjecture has been amply verified. Observations of both gas and stars have shown that even in our own “backyard,” the Milky Way Galaxy harbors a black hole 3 million times more massive than the Sun (Figure 2.14)—and that black hole masses in the nuclei of other galaxies can exceed a billion solar masses. Exquisitely precise measurements of the positions and three-dimensional velocities of water masers made with the Very Long Baseline Array (VLBA) toward the nucleus of the galaxy NGC 4258 provided incontrovertible evidence for the presence of a supermassive black hole (Figure 2.15). ARISE has the power to study the water emission in other galactic nuclei to search for black holes and determine their mass and the characteristics of the accreting gas.
15 Some of the data that provide strong evidence for the presence of a supermassive black hole in the center of the nearby spiral galaxy NCG 4258. The top panel is the actual image of the point-like maser clouds constructed from very long baseline interferometry (VLBI) data having a resolution of 200 microarcsec (with a wire grid depicting unseen parts of the disk). Also shown is the image of the continuum emission at 1.3-cm wavelength caused by synchrotron radiation from relativistic electrons emanating from the position of the dynamical center (black dot). The central mass required to gravitationally bind the system
is 39 million solar masses. Since all the mass must be within the inner boundary of the molecular disk of about 0.13 pc, this mass is probably in the form of a supermassive black hole. The bottom panel shows on a larger scale the synchrotron emission that arises from relativistic electrons ejected along the spin axis of the black hole. Observations with HST have confirmed that most nearby galaxies harbor supermassive black holes in their nuclei.
How do these supermassive black holes form and evolve? Do they grow from stellar “seeds” or do they originate at the very beginning of the formation of a galaxy? These key questions are ripe for a frontal attack now. Addressing them will require the observation of active galactic nuclei (AGNs) when they first turn on, over the entire electromagnetic spectrum. With its enormous sensitivity in the infrared, NGST will be able to detect AGNs out to redshifts beyond 10. Radiation emitted in the thermal infrared will be redshifted into the band detectable by SAFIR. The EVLA will detect much longer wavelength radio emission from AGNs to redshifts beyond 5. Constellation-X will be able to observe the first quasars even if they are heavily obscured by dust. EXIST will make a census of obscured, low-redshift AGNs over the whole sky; this sample can be compared with younger AGNs, seen at
high redshifts by Constellation-X, to study how the AGNs evolve. In this case the energies of the most penetrating hard x rays will be conveniently shifted by the expansion of the universe into the energy region of maximum sensitivity of the telescope. Furthermore, by observing the spectrum of hot gas as it disappears into supermassive black holes, Constellation-X will provide a laboratory for studying the physical processes occurring near the event horizons of black holes under conditions that differ substantially from those near stellar-mass black holes.
In a tremendously scaled-up version of the process of mass ejection from disks around protostars, massive black holes not only accrete material but also eject from their vicinity powerful jets at nearly the speed of light (Figure 2.16). This highly relativistic material is thought to generate extremely energetic photons, with frequencies more than 100 billion times that of visible light. VERITAS has the power to detect individual photons of this radiation interacting with Earth’s atmosphere, and can therefore probe the relativistic particle acceleration occurring near these massive black holes. Observing somewhat less energetic photons, GLAST will help determine how jets are powered and confined. ARISE has the spatial resolution to resolve the base of the jet and thereby provide a complementary probe of the acceleration region.
Galaxy mergers are inferred to be common, and it is quite possible that the massive black holes in their nuclei would merge as well. Such a cataclysmic event would produce powerful gravity waves that could be detected by LISA out to very large distances (redshifts up to at least 20). This gravitational radiation would be detectable for up to a year before the actual merger, enabling accurate prediction of the final event so that it could be observed by telescopes sensitive to the entire range of electromagnetic radiation. Observation of such a merger would provide a unique test of Einstein’s theory of general relativity in the case of strong gravitational fields. Further discussion of what scientists can learn about black holes can be found in the physics survey report Gravitational Physics: Exploring the Structure of Space and Time (NRC, 1999).
Galactic nuclei can become extremely luminous as a result of intense bursts of star formation or the presence of a supermassive black hole.
Posted by Dimitree at 3:58 AM
The interstellar medium in a galaxy controls the rate of star formation and thus the evolution of the galaxy itself. It is the repository of the heavy elements produced in stars. If star formation becomes too violent, interstellar gas may be ejected from a galaxy into the surrounding intergalactic medium. An understanding of the interstellar medium is necessary if researchers are to address such key questions as the following: What are the physical processes that determine the rate at which stars form in a galaxy? What is the feedback between star formation and the interstellar medium? What is the effect of the extragalactic environment on star formation?
All these issues come into play when the formation of the first galaxies is considered. The first galaxies formed out of enormous clouds of neutral atomic hydrogen. Once the galaxies had formed, the interstellar media of these galaxies remained primarily atomic hydrogen, although with increasing amounts of heavier elements as massive, short-lived stars ejected new elements into the medium. The hydrogen gas should be observable at redshifts above 10 with LOFAR. When the SKA is built, it will be able to map the atomic hydrogen up to redshifts of about 10. Within galaxies, some of the atomic gas will be converted to molecular form on its way to being incorporated into stars.
If the earliest stars have ejected enough carbon and oxygen into the interstellar medium, the broad spectral capabilities of the EVLA will enable observation of carbon monoxide, the most abundant molecule after molecular hydrogen, out to redshifts beyond 10. Newly formed stars ionize some of the gas, producing emission lines detectable by NGST. Supernovae heat large volumes
This optical wavelength picture shows the large spiral galaxy M31 (also known as the Andromeda Galaxy) and its small companions M32, lower center, and M110, to the upper right. Andromeda is the Milky Way’s closest large neighbor at a distance of about 2.2 million light-years, and it is very similar in appearance to, and slightly larger than, the Milky Way. In fact, M31 is visible to the naked eye, although we can see only the bright inner bulge. This image comes from photographic plates taken with the 0.6-m Burrell Schmidt telescope of the Warner and Swasey Observatory of Case Western Reserve University. GSMT will be able to study individual stars near Andromeda’s center, which is a very tightly packed star cluster not visible in this saturated image.
of the interstellar gas to millions of degrees, and x rays from this hot gas will be measured by Constellation-X to determine the temperature, pressure, and elemental abundances in this hot plasma. These same instruments will also permit astronomers to trace the evolution of gas in galaxies through cosmic time, as the universe synthesizes the elements needed to form planets and eventually to enable life.
Structure in the interstellar medium of a galaxy spans a wide range of scales, from much less than 1 light-year for the molecular cores that produce individual stars to 100,000 light-years for the galaxy as a whole. The gaseous galactic halo extends farther; it comprises both gas blown
out of the disk and gas accreting from the intergalactic medium. Much of the mass of interstellar gas in disk galaxies is atomic and molecular gas that is quite cold, with a temperature that is less than 100 degrees above absolute zero. A substantial (but uncertain) fraction of the volume of such galaxies is filled by gas that has been heated to more than a million degrees by supernova explosions. There is also a significant amount of gas at intermediate temperatures that is heated by starlight. All this gas is permeated by cosmic rays, particles moving almost at the speed of light, and by magnetic fields. The primary hindrance to a greater understanding of how the interstellar medium mediates the evolution of galaxies is ignorance of the spatial distribution of these various components of the interstellar medium and how they are interrelated. Surveys of the interstellar medium in nearby galaxies with the recommended radio, infrared, x-ray, and gamma-ray facilities will provide valuable data on these issues. Understanding the complex structure of the interstellar medium and how it interacts with the process of star formation is a daunting theoretical problem for this decade.
Posted by Dimitree at 3:55 AM
Friday, February 12, 2010
A big explosion takes place here. Well the stars those are much heavier than the sun end up in a more catastrophic way resulting in huge discharge. This can also be explained –
When a very big star is in the red-giant phase, then being big, its core contains much more helium. This big core made up of helium continues to contract (shrink) under the action of gravity producing higher and higher temperatures. At this extremely high temperature, fusion of helium into carbon takes place in the core and a lot of energy is produced. Since the star was very big and contained enormous nuclear fuel helium, so a tremendous amount of nuclear energy is produced very rapidly which causes the outer shell (or envelope) of this red-giant star to explode with a brilliant flash like a nuclear bomb. This type of exploding star is called supernova.
The energy released in one second of a supernova explosion is equal to the energy released by the sun in about 100 years. This tremendous energy would light up the sky for many days. When a supernova explosion takes place, then clouds of gases in the envelope of red-giant star are liberated into the space and these gases act as raw material for the formation of new stars. The heavy core left behind after the supernova explosion continues to contract and ultimately becomes a neutron star.
This theory bring to a close that a supernova arises when the core of an extremely big star collapses under its own gravitational attraction, releasing tremendous amount of energy which causes the outer shell to explode. Thus, the inner part of the red-giant star undergoes an implosion, while the outer part undergoes an explosion (see Figure m).
The imploding core may form a neutron star. The stars, which are composed of matter mainly in the form of neutrons, are called neutron stars.
You must also know how a neutron star is formed. The neutron star arises from the collapsed core of a supernova. After the supernova explosion, the outer shell (or envelope) of the red-giant star explodes and only the helium core survives. This core continues to contract (shrink) under the tremendous force of gravitation and ultimately it forms an extremely dense lump of matter. This extremely dense lump of matter is called neutron star. The neutron stars have very high densities. The density of a neutron star is about a million tonnes per cubic centimeter or even higher
Posted by Dimitree at 4:47 AM
Even stars have birth, life and death!! The raw material for the formation of a star is mainly hydrogen gas and some helium gas. The life cycle of a star begins with the gathering of hydrogen gas and helium gas present in the galaxies to form dense clouds of these gases. The stars are then formed by the gravitational collapse of these over-dense clouds of gases in the galaxy. The first step in the formation of a star from gases is the protostar.
Stars Do Not Collapse-
Why? Well, a star emitting heat and light energy, has two types of forces acting continuously: The gravitational attraction of the enormous gaseous matter which wants to compress the star further and the internal pressure developed in the star because of energy released during nuclear fusion reactions going inside it, tending to stop the gaseous matter from collapsing further.
As a consequence, the star is now in equilibrium under the action of two opposing forces-the gravitational force trying to compress the gases, and the internal pressure due to nuclear energy trying to stop the gaseous matter from collapsing. If internal pressures were not built up within the star, a star would have collapsed within less than half an hour.
In a mature star, the pressure forces from within the star balance the gravitational force from outside. This balance can continue for millions of years. Our sun is now in this balanced state of its development. At this stage, the temperature in the interior of the sun is just right to sustain the fusion reaction, and the rate of this fusion reaction produces just the right pressure to balance the gravitational compression.
During all this time, the nuclear fusion reactions continue to liberate energy and make the star shine. Our sun (which is also a star) was formed about 4600 million years ago and will continue to give out energy for an equal period of time. If, however, there were no internal pressure in the sun produced by the energy of nuclear fusion, then our sun would have contracted drastically (shrunk drastically) within half an hour, under the action of tremendous gravitational forces. Well, that could not have happened to the Sun!
Posted by Dimitree at 4:46 AM
Of star assemblies….
Thousands of stars on a clear moon-less night, some of these stars arraying in groups or patterns as though staging a celestial drama (!!) do make a poetic picture!
Since the ancient times, man has gazed at the stars and singled out identifiable shapes and patterns. One group of stars suggested the outline of a bear; another group of stars reminded them of a hunter, and so on and on. The stars, which appear in the form or gathered groups and in identifiable silhouettes and patterns, are known as constellations. Again our ancestors named these star groups or constellations after the objects, which they seemed to resemble.
The Indian name for the constellations is 'Nakshatras'. About 88 constellations (star groups) are known. Each constellation has been assigned a name signifying an animal, a human being or some other object, which it appears to bear a resemblance to. You may be interested to note some of the important constellations-
Ursa major (or Great bear) 'Saptarishi'
(ii) Ursa minor (or Little bear) 'Laghu Saptarishi' or 'Dhruva Matsaya'
(iii) Orion (or Hunter) 'Vyadha' or 'Mirga'
(iv) Scorpio 'Vrishchika'
(v) Pleides ' Kruttika'
(vi) Cassiopeia 'Sarmishtha'
And now for you it will be interesting to know about the star formation or gatherings-
Posted by Dimitree at 4:45 AM
Friday, February 5, 2010
Astrophysics is the branch of astronomy that deals with the physics of the universe, including the physical properties (luminosity, density, temperature, chemical composition) of astronomical objects such as stars, galaxies, and the interstellar medium, as well as their interactions. The study of cosmology is theoretical astrophysics at its largest scale; conversely, since the energies involved in cosmology, especially the Big Bang, are the largest known, the observations of the cosmos also serve as the laboratory for physics at its smallest scales as well.
In practice, virtually all modern astronomical research involves a substantial amount of physics. The name of a school's doctoral program ("Astrophysics" or "Astronomy") in many places like the United States often has to do more with the department's history than with the contents of the programs.
Although astronomy is as old as recorded history, it was long separated from the study of physics. In the Aristotelian worldview, the celestial pertained to perfection—bodies in the sky being perfect spheres moving in perfectly circular orbits—while the earthly pertained to imperfection; these two realms were seen as unrelated.
For centuries, the apparently common-sense view that the Sun and other planets went round the Earth went unquestioned, until Nicolaus Copernicus suggested in the 16th century that the Earth and all the other planets in the Solar System orbited the Sun. Galileo Galilei made quantitative measurements central to physics, but in astronomy his observation didn't have astrophysical significance.
The availability of accurate observational data led to research into theoretical explanations for the observed behavior. At first, only ad-hoc rules were discovered, such as Kepler's laws of planetary motion, discovered at the start of the 17th century. Later that century, Isaac Newton, bridged the gap between Kepler's laws and Galileo's dynamics, discovering that the same laws that rule the dynamics of objects on earth rules the motion of planets and the moon. Celestial mechanics, the application of Newtonian gravity and Newton's laws to explain Kepler's laws of planetary motion, was the first unification of astronomy and physics.
After Isaac Newton published his Principia, maritime navigation was transformed. Starting around 1670, the entire world was measured using essentially modern latitude instruments and the best available clocks. The needs of navigation provided a drive for progressively more accurate astronomical observations and instruments, providing a background for ever more available data for scientists.
At the end of the 19th century it was discovered that, when decomposing the light from the Sun, a multitude of spectral lines were observed (regions where there was less or no light). Experiments with hot gases showed that the same lines could be observed in the spectra of gases, specific lines corresponding to unique chemical elements. In this way it was proved that the chemical elements found in the Sun (chiefly hydrogen) were also found on Earth. Indeed, the element helium was first discovered in the spectrum of the sun and only later on earth, hence its name. During the 20th century, spectrometry (the study of these spectral lines) advanced, particularly as a result of the advent of quantum physics that was necessary to understand the astronomical and experimental observations.
Most astrophysical processes cannot be reproduced in laboratories on Earth. However, there is a huge variety of astronomical objects visible all over the electromagnetic spectrum. The study of these objects through passive collection of data is the goal of observational astrophysics.
The equipment and techniques required to study an astrophysical phenomenon can vary widely. Many astrophysical phenomena that are of current interest can only be studied by using very advanced technology and were simply not known until very recently.The majority of astrophysical observations are made using the electromagnetic spectrum.
Radio astronomy studies radiation with a wavelength greater than a few millimeters. Radio waves are usually emitted by cold objects, including interstellar gas and dust clouds. The cosmic microwave background radiation is the redshifted light from the Big Bang. Pulsars were first detected at microwave frequencies. The study of these waves requires very large radio telescopes. Infrared astronomy studies radiation with a wavelength that is too long to be visible but shorter than radio waves. Infrared observations are usually made with telescopes similar to the usual optical telescopes. Objects colder than stars (such as planets) are normally studied at infrared frequencies.
Optical astronomy is the oldest kind of astronomy. Telescopes and spectroscopes are the most common instruments used. The Earth's atmosphere interferes somewhat with optical observations, so adaptive optics and space telescopes are used to obtain the highest possible image quality. In this range, stars are highly visible, and many chemical spectra can be observed to study the chemical composition of stars, galaxies and nebulae.
Ultraviolet, X-ray and gamma ray astronomy study very energetic processes such as binary pulsars, black holes, magnetars, and many others. These kinds of radiation do not penetrate the Earth's atmosphere well, so they are studied with space-based telescopes such as RXTE, the Chandra X-ray Observatory and the Compton Gamma Ray Observatory.
Other than electromagnetic radiation, few things may be observed from the Earth that originate from great distances. A few gravitational wave observatories have been constructed, but gravitational waves are extremely difficult to detect. Neutrino observatories have also been built, primarily to study our Sun. Cosmic rays consisting of very high energy particles can be observed hitting the Earth's atmosphere.
Observations can also vary in their time scale. Most optical observations take minutes to hours, so phenomena that change faster than this cannot readily be observed. However, historical data on some objects is available spanning centuries or millennia. On the other hand, radio observations may look at events on a millisecond timescale (millisecond pulsars) or combine years of data (pulsar deceleration studies). The information obtained from these different timescales is very different.
The study of our own Sun has a special place in observational astrophysics. Due to the tremendous distance of all other stars, the Sun can be observed in a kind of detail unparalleled by any other star. Our understanding of our own sun serves as a guide to our understanding of other stars.The topic of how stars change, or stellar evolution, is often modelled by placing the varieties of star types in their respective positions on the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram, which can be viewed as representing the state of a stellar object, from birth to destruction. The material composition of the astronomical objects can often be examined using:
Posted by Dimitree at 12:34 AM
Monday, February 1, 2010
The Triangulum Emission Nebula NGC 604 lies in a spiral arm of Galaxy M33, 2.7 million light-years from Earth. This nebula is a region in which stars are forming.
A nebula (Latin for "mist"; plur. nebulae) is an interstellar cloud of dust and gas. Originally nebula was a catch-all name for any extended astronomical object, including galaxies beyond the Milky Way (some examples of the older usage survive).
In cosmogony, the solar nebula is a gaseous cloud (or accretion disc), from which, solar systems are formed. This nebular hypothesis was first proposed, in 1755, by Kant; who argued that nebulae slowly rotate, gradually condensing (due to gravity) and flattening; eventually forming stars and planets. A similar model was proposed, in 1796, by Laplace.
The Sol Nebula
The "life cycle" of the Sol Nebula is more or less similar to that of other solar nebulae.
Early solar nebulae (in the history of the universe) were formed of hydrogen, helium and lithium; while later stars were formed of heavier elements. As the Sol system is comparatively rich in these heavier elements, it can be argued that this system did not emerge directly from the "Big Bang".
This nebula had an initial diameter of 100AU and a mass of ~200-300% that of Sol's current mass. Over time, gravity caused the cloud to condense and, as density and pressure increased, a protostar emerged. The early system was heated, not by fusion, but by friction. Due to the conservation of angular momentum, the nebula did not fully collapse upon itself, and thus protoplanetary discs emerged, in orbit, around the protosun.Within this system, heavier elements tended to fall more towards the center (clumping into planetesimals and protoplanets). In addition, the outer part of the solar nebula cooled off (if it was ever hot to begin with) and, thus, ice and combustible gases were able to "survive". As a result, the inner planets are formed of minerals, while the outer planets are more gaseous/icy.
At some point, the heat within the protosun reached such a level that thermonuclear reactions began to occur. At this point, a "true" star was "born". The protostar lasted for ~100M years and the cycle was completed at about the same time the innermost planets had developed; this was ~4.6B years ago. Although the moons existed, they were not yet orbiting planets; this would occur over the next 800M years.
The Kant-Laplace and Near-Collision Theories
During the late-19th century the Kant-Laplace views were criticized by Maxwell, who showed that if matter of the known planets had once been distributed (around the Sun) in the form of a disk, forces of differential rotation would have prevented the condensation of individual planets. Another objection was that the Sun possesses less angular momentum than the Kant-Laplace theory indicated. For several decades most astronomers preferred the near-collision theory, in which the planets were considered to have been formed due to the approach of some other star to the Sun. This near-miss would have drawn large amounts of matter out of the Sun and the other star by their mutual tidal forces, which could have then condensed into planets.
Objections to the near-collision theory were also raised and, during the 1940s, the Kant-Laplace theory was modified such that it became accepted. In the modified version, the mass of the original protoplanet was assumed to be larger; and, the angular momentum discrepancy was attributed to magnetic forces
Posted by Dimitree at 12:44 AM
Saturday, January 30, 2010
A rocket is a vehicle, missile or aircraft which obtains thrust by the reaction to the ejection of a fast moving exhaust from within a rocket engine. The exhaust is formed from propellant which is carried within the rocket prior to its release. The thrust is due to Newton's 3rd Law of Motion. Often the term rocket is also used to mean a rocket engine.
In military terminology, a rocket generally uses solid propellant and is unguided. These rockets can be fired by ground-attack aircraft at fixed targets such as buildings, or can be launched by ground forces at other ground targets. During the Vietnam era, there were also air launched unguided rockets that carried a nuclear payload designed to attack aircraft formations in flight.
In military terminology, a missile, by contrast, can use either solid or liquid propellant, and has a guidance system.
Historically, rockets were first developed by the Chinese as early as B.C. 300, using gunpowder. These were initially developed for entertainment, the precursors to modern fireworks, but were later adapted for warfare in the 11th century. Because the pressures on the rocket walls are lower, the use of rockets in warfare preceded the use of the gun, which required a higher level of metal technology. It was in this role that rockets first became known to Europeans following their use by Ottomans at the siege of Constantinople in 1453. For several more centuries they remained curiosities to those in the West.
At the end of the 18th century, rockets were used militarily in India against the British by the Mahrattas. The British then took up the practice and developed them further during the 19th century. The major figure in the field at this time was William Congreve. From there, the use of military rockets spread throughout Europe. The rockets' red glare helped to inspire the US national anthem.
Early rockets were highly inaccurate. Without any spinning up of the rocket, nor any gambling of the thrust, they had a strong tendency to veer sharply off course. The early British Congreve rockets reduced this tendency somewhat by attaching a long stick to the end of a rocket (similar to modern bottle rockets) to make it harder for the rocket to change course. The largest of the Congreve rockets was the 32 pound (14.5 kg) Carcass, which had a 15 foot (4.6 m) stick. Originally, sticks were mounted on the side, but this was later changed to mounting in the center of the rocket, reducing drag and enabling the rocket to be more accurately fired from a segment of pipe.
The accuracy problem was mostly solved in 1844 when William Hale modified the rocket design so that thrust was slightly vectored to cause the rocket to spin along its axis of travel like a bullet. The Hale rocket removed the need for a rocket stick, travelled further due to reduced air resistance, and was far more accurate.
Early rockets were also remarkably inefficient. Modern rockets were born when, after receiving a grant in 1917 from the Smithsonian Institution, Robert Goddard attached a de Laval nozzle to a rocket engine's combustion chamber, doubling the thrust and enormously raising the efficiency, giving the real possibility of practical space travel.
Posted by Dimitree at 2:14 AM
Friday, January 22, 2010
The film begins with a performance of Therukoothu, a street play of Tamil Nadu, with the folk art showing the last minutes of the Chola King's reign is shown to the masses. Then audience is taken to 1279 with the death of the Chola dynasty and people are being driven out of their kingdom by the Pandyas in southern India. To escape from them and save the life of his successor, the Chola emperor sends his son, along with his people to a secret territory unknown to his enemies. The prince is seen leaving along the side of the chosen who is made responsible to safe guard the prince and the rest of the people. The Cholas also take away with them an idol sacred to the Pandyas, which angers them even more. To capture the escaped Cholas and retrieve their idol, the Pandyas extend their invasion to the unexplored territories which the Cholas have covered with their prince, but eventually fail in their invasion.
Several centuries later in 2009, Indian archaeologists continue searching for the existence of the Chola empire based on clues left by the ancient Pandyan warriors. But all the archaeologists, who attempt to search for the lost land disappear during the search missions. Archaeologist Chandramouli (Pratap Pothan) is the most recent person to have reportedly traced the empire but he also fails to return from his mission.
The Indian government organizes a search expedition led by officer Anitha Pandiyan (Reemma Sen) to find Chandramouli and the Chola Empire with assistance from the Indian army led by Ravisekharan (Azhagam Perumal). They meet the archaelogist, Lavanya (Andrea Jeremiah), the estranged daughter of the missing archaeologist Chandramouli and she assists Anitha and gives crucial documents prepared by her father on the Chola dynasty with instructions on the route to reach the destination. She also joins the expedition since her insight is considered essential for the success of the project.
Along with the army, Anitha employs a group of porters headed by Sukumaran(Karthi Sivakumar), to transport the luggages along the course of the journey. He ogles both the women and has naughty confrontations with them. The crew embark on a ship journey leading them to an island, Min-gua, near Vietnam. On the way, they are met with the seven traps set by the Cholas: sea creatures, cannibals, warriors, snakes, hunger, quick sand and a village. Many porters and army men are killed on their way.
Sukumaran, Anitha and Lavanya get separated from the others. They reach the village where they get subjected to some black magic. They nearly go mad before finally reaching the remaining ruins of the Chola dynasty. The three of them find an ethnic isolated primitive Tamil group ruled by a Chola king (R. Parthiban). The king and his people are in hiding, awaiting the arrival of the fabled messenger whom they believe will bring glory and prosperity back to their land. The king and the Chosen one consult greater gods for signs and orders Sukumaran, Anitha and Lavanya to be burnt alive as sacrifice to their gods.
At this point, Anitha tells the king that she is the messenger he had been eagerly awaiting from present cholas in homeland and had to disguise herself as an archaeologist to find the lost civilization. Sukumaran and Lavanya are taken as slaves. Anitha is given a chance to prove herself as the messenger. She tries to woo the king with her physical beauty. Anitha convinces the Chola king that the message she brought to him is to march towards the homeland on a particular day with his people and he would be crowned a proper king instead of hiding in dark caves. Since King has no way of knowing the real happenings back at homeland,makes himself believe the message. He suspects her bona fides since none of Anitha's actions match the qualities of the messenger described by his ancestors, who predicted that the messenger will get ill treated at first, but then they will help out the local tribe and this will be met by the arrival of rain. But Anitha convinces the king half heartedly.
Anitha finally exposes her identity and the real intention of visiting this civilization. She is the heiress of the Pandyan Dynasty. For generations, her family has been trying to find the whereabouts of the Chola prince and his people who escaped with the Pandya idol. She is here to extract her revenge on the Cholas who stole their sacred idol. The Chola king is shattered for having believed in Anitha as his true messenger and tries to eliminate her. She escapes from the cave and joins the army outside which is also led by Pandyas. The Cholas are at war once again with the Pandyas. The king has to battle against the army to save his people and his son. He also finds that Sukumaran is the true messenger - the chosen one who would save the Cholas from the clutches of Anitha and the army.
They fight bravely but the Cholas lose and are taken prisoners. Their women are molested and raped by the army and the king is killed. The story ends with Sukumaran saving a little Chola boy and the remaining Cholas by escaping into the forest. The Chola prince leaves along side Sukumaran,the new king. The final scene emphasizes that history will repeat itself, prompting that the Chola dynasty will still live on.
Posted by Dimitree at 2:21 AM
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
An interesting reflection: Slow Down Culture………
It's been 18 years since I joined Volvo, a Swedish company. Working for them
has proven to be an interesting experience. Any project here takes 2 years
to be finalized, even if the idea is simple and brilliant. It's a rule.
Globalize processes have caused in us (all over the world) a general sense
of searching for immediate results. Therefore, we have come to possess a
need to see immediate results. This contrasts greatly with the slow
movements of the Swedish. They, on the other hand, debate, debate, debate,
hold x quantity of meetings and work with a slowdown scheme. At the end,
this always yields better results.
Said in another words:
1. Sweden is about the size of San Pablo, a state in Brazil.
2. Sweden has 2 million inhabitants.
3. Stockholm has 500,000 people.
4. Volvo, Escania, Ericsson, Electrolux, Nokia are some of its renowned
companies. Volvo supplies the NASA.
The first time I was in Sweden, one of my colleagues picked me up at the
hotel every morning. It was September, bit cold and snowy. We would arrive
early at the company and he would park far away from the entrance (2000
employees drive their car to work). The first day, I didn't say anything,
either the second or third. One morning I asked, "Do you have a fixed
parking space? I've noticed we park far from the entrance even when there
are no other cars in the lot." To which he replied, "Since we're here early
we'll have time to walk, and whoever gets in late will be late and need a
place closer to the door. Don't you think so?" Imagine my face.
Nowadays, there's a movement in Europe named Slow Food. This movement
establishes that people should eat and drink slowly, with enough time to
taste their food, spend time with the family, friends, without rushing. Slow
Food is against its counterpart: the spirit of Fast Food and what it stands
for as a lifestyle. Slow Food is the basis for a bigger movement called Slow
Europe, as mentioned by Business Week. Basically, the movement questions the
sense of "hurry" and "craziness" generated by globalization, fuelled by the
desire of "having in quantity" (life status) versus "having with quality",
"life quality" or the quality of being".
French people, even though they work only 35 hours per week, are more
productive than Americans or British. Germans have established 29 hour
workweeks and have seen their productivity been driven up by 20%. This slow
attitude has brought forth the US's attention, pupils of the fast and the
"do it now!". This no-rush attitude doesn't represent doing less or having a
lower productivity. It means working and doing things with greater quality,
perfection, with more attention to detail and less stress. It means reducing
rejects and wastage. It means re-establishing family values, friends, free
and leisure time. Taking the "now", present and concrete, versus the
"global", undefined and anonymous future. It means taking humans' essential
values, the simplicity of living. It stands for a less coercive work
environment, more happy, lighter and more productive where humans enjoy
doing what they know best how to do.
It's time to stop and think on how companies need to develop serious quality
with no-rush that will increase productivity and the quality of products and
services, without losing the essence of spirit.
In the movie, Scent of a Woman, there's a scene where Al Pacino asks a girl
to dance and she replies, "I can't, my boyfriend will be here any minute
now". To which Al responds, "A life is lived in an instant". Then they dance
to a tango.
Many of us live our lives running behind time, but we only reach it when we
die of a heart attack or in a car accident rushing to be on time. Others are
so anxious of living the future that they forget to live the present, which
is the only time that truly exists. We all have equal time throughout the
world. No one has more or less. The difference lies in how each one of us
does with our time. We need to live each moment.
As John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making
Posted by Dimitree at 1:11 AM
Sunday, January 17, 2010
1) The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for Blood plasma.
2) No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven (7) times. Oh go ahead...I'll wait...
3) Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes or shark attacks. (So, watch it ).
4) You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
5) Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty (50) years of age or older.
6) The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
7) The King of Hearts is the only king WITHOUT A MOUSTACHE.
8) American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one (1) olive from each salad served in first-class.
9) Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise (Since Venus is normally associated with women, what does this tell you!)
(That women are going the 'right' direction...?)
10) Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
11) Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush
be kept at least six (6) feet away from
a toilet to avoid airborne particles
resulting from the flush.
Most dust particles in your house are made from DEAD SKIN!
12) The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer. So did the first 'Marlboro Man'.
13) Walt Disney was afraid OF MICE!
14) PEARLS MELT IN VINEGAR!
15) The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
16) It is possible to lead a cow upstairs... but, not downstairs.
17) Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
Posted by Dimitree at 10:32 PM